Monday, September 6, 2010

We're west bound just watch ol' Bandit run!

We're almost ready to hit the road which means it's time to start getting our shit together.

The fact that we're driving makes it a little easier to plan a lot of things. Jill likes to over pack and I spend a lot of time trying to figure out what I can leave at home. Now we can take everything we need and none of what we don't.

This will be our first road trip that doesn't involve moving which is nice. Last time we did this many miles we had a car full of boxes and a hamster.

I got my oil changed and tires rotated on Saturday and got the GPS all installed in a manner that won't drive me nuts. I need to get my iPod in order. I think I'll remove some of the stuff I rarely listen to and add Jill's music. I know she hates talking to Ford Sync (which rules by the way) so she'll probably just connect her own mp3 player. Jill also needs a throw blanket to keep her legs warm. My next car will have dual zone climate control. We'll probably buy a decent sized cooler for sandwiches and other junk.

On the packing side there won't be a whole lot of guess work. We'll take a few of what we need so we have a choice in what to wear depending on the weather. We'll pack an overnight bag so we don't have to lug our bags into the first hotel at our halfway point. We'll also be bringing our Tempurpedic pillows which we're normally not able to take with us because you can't cram them into a suitcase. They're also really heavy.

Jill has her road atlas and I'll be putting our two major stops on the GPS so we shouldn't get too lost as long as we do what the nice lady says.

More to come!

1 comment:

  1. I had a dream (nightmare) that our hotel had bed bugs. Ugh! It was terrible.

    I'm so excited for the road trip! I hope there are enough places for me to stop and pee.

    ReplyDelete