Sunday, November 28, 2010

Merry Christmas and all that nonsense

We've got a month to go until Christmas. It's not my favorite holiday but I've been making an attempt to enjoy it a little more. I put Christmas lights up and as soon as Jill and I recover from our current ailments we'll get to work on putting the tree and other pieces up.

Last year was kind of nice since we got snowed in and ended up spending celebrating our yule tides at home by ourselves. Typically we'll spend Christmas Eve with my wife's family which is usually a good time or at least it has been since we started opting out of the gift exchange. We usually get the shit end of the stick so we've figured if we're going to shell out $25 for gifts we'll just get something for each other instead. That guarantees something we both like instead of a discount item of gift card to a store we don't shop at. I'm all about the togetherness and food.

Christmas is spent with my in-laws and is nice and quiet. Jill will hopefully give me some more substantial gift ideas but I'm not going to hold my breath.

I think I'm looking forward to making cookies the most. A little snow would be nice but this year looks to be pretty dry.

No comments:

Post a Comment