Sunday, July 29, 2012

Catching Up

I hate the terrible lags I have in my blog but when you're a boring guy like me it's hard to find things to write about.

Most recently, the wife and I bid adieu to our Ford Flex. There was nothing wrong with it save for it's massive size that rendered it undrivable for Jill. We took it to and from California and it was a revelation. Sadly we don't go on 3200 mile road trips very often so the merits of motoring in a large vehicle went unnoticed while piloting it around town. I'll miss it because it was a very good car. The only peace of mind I get is the awesome car we've replaced it with.

I'd always had my eyes on the Subaru Outback but the planets just didn't align until recently. I tried to buy one when I was cross shopping the Flex but the dealership really didn't want to sell me one so I bought the Flex and got a killer deal on it so that's what I got. Jill can drive the Outback and as soon as she learns how to use her side mirrors she'll be a lot more comfortable driving it.

The other new love of my life is my tablet. I've been considering them for awhile now. I'm enamored with my iPhone and how it was faster than my bargain laptop. Sadly it's just a little too small to do everything I need a computer for so I was stuck with my laptop.  My only real options were the iPad and Galaxy tablet up until now and both cost way more than I prefer to spend. Mind you, I only use my laptop for pretty basic internet stuff. All the major stuff I do is done on a mighty computer but it's in the basement and not portable. When the Kindle Fire hit the scene with it's Graham friendly price tag I took notice but kept my distance. I wasn't sure if it was exactly what I wanted. I had a decent interface but it lacked what I wanted so I figured I'd just wait until either the second generation or something better came along. More than anything I liked the size. Enter the Google Nexus 7 which is another 7" tablet with way more power, a better screen, and the same price tag. I was smitten and Jill was gracious enough to combine a few birthdays and Christmas together for an early mega gift. Yeah, we don't like to spend too much on each other. It's not that we don't love each other and want to shower each other with gifts. We just choose to be smart with our money and blow it on vacations instead.

I pre-ordered it so I had to wait a week or two for it but now that I have it I can honestly say the wait was worth it. I still crack open my laptop every now and then but I've been doing pretty much everything via tablet. I'm converted. Best things ever.

I turn 34 in three weeks which isn't as bad as I thought it would be. Aside from my hair getting  thinner and going grey I'm doing pretty well physically. My doctor told me that my cholesterol was too high so I gave up butter (I ate a lot of it) and started watching what I was eating. I've dropped a few pounds but I find that I'm hungry more often than I used to be. I'm sure I'll get used to it eventually. I haven't been exercising like I should be. Jill has been keeping up with hers and I feel like a schmuck for not doing the same. Motivation is a biggie for me. After a weeks worth of work I just don't want to get on the treadmill. I know if I just keep up with it I won't really notice how much I don't like doing and will just be in the habit of it. Somebody motivate me.

Keeping up with my awesome segues I'll just jump right into music. I've been trying to work on music but I'm back in a funk and just can't work out what I want to do. I know I'm over thinking it but I can't help it. It's what I do. One of these days it will click again and I'll be on the ball. Yeah, and maybe I'm a Chinese jet pilot.

This is a really boring blog so I'm just going to stop right here.

1 comment:

  1. Don't forget...you have a solo trip to California coming up. Although, I wish we could just shell out an extra $2000 so I can go along. :)

    ReplyDelete