Tuesday, July 12, 2016

...Loaded up and truckin'. We're gonna do what they say can't be done...

After running a few ideas by the wife and running the numbers we may be singing along to Jerry Reed in a few years. I've gone from despair to optimism.The monthly cost will go up a little bit but we'll pay it off two years sooner and with no interest which means we save $2000.

In a bizarre turn of events I've become enamored with the brown (Caribou) paint over my go to blue. I've seen both colors in the wild and the brown is just straight up prettier. It would also match the camper we're considering. These types of things are important to me. I've also figured a few extra options to spoil ourselves won't break the bank so we're going to try to get a loaded (at least for us) truck. This is a big deal for me.

I've taken delivery of a few new cars in my day and they're almost always the base model or very small step up. Hub caps, unpainted mirrors, and manual transmissions have adorned my featureless cars. My last two wagons have had quite a few creature comforts and my current Outback is a step above the base model. Craziness.

We're considering a few campers. The pricey one we really want appears to be hard to come by in the central states so unless we want to pay an arm and a leg and order one with everything we want we'd have to take a considerable road trip to buy off the lot and in both circumstances we wouldn't get to take a good look before making our decision. Ordering one sight unseen is out of the question for me and driving 1500 miles to simply take a look then mull it over for a day or two in a hotel then potentially leave with nothing is not my idea of a good time. Plus I'd much rather have my maiden voyage be a short trip. We've found some slightly less roomy but very viable options. They've even had some with attractive color combinations and features.

My notebook is getting filled with good stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment