Thursday, April 28, 2011

What am I gonna do with all this stuff?

I can't for the life of me get a song started. I've got my gear all ready to go but I just sit there wondering where to begin.

Here's about all my "studio" does. It's impressive for visitors but when they ask to hear something they'll only get to hear what I've done prior to owning this lonely gear.
Photobucket

I know how to use it all but I can't kick my brain into gear. The real humdinger is that I know how to write a song. It's not that hard really. You string a few chords together and find a hook or chorus that sounds decent. The rest of the song sort of fills itself in on its own. No, really. That's how easy it is to write a song. I've never been much of a lyricist and that's fine. I'm also good with puns. I seem to come up with decent ideas while I'm in the shower but there are two flights of stairs between my office and the shower so they're usually forgotten before I get there. I punch notes and things into my phone but I usually lose those as well.

Maybe I'm just too darned happy. I'll come up with something eventually. I think I need to just lock myself down here for several hours (not counting when I'm working) and just start writing until something good floats to the top.

No comments:

Post a Comment