Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Song of the Day

A couple of years ago I embarked on a journey to post a crappy song to Facebook every day. I managed to do just about every day with just one or two repeats. Part of the problem was picking a song each day. I had to first think of a song that sucked.

This time I'm going to do a good song every day. I did a crappy song before because more people can behind garbage for some reason. Instead of making my selection every day I'm doing it all up front to guarantee that nothing repeats. It will probably take me a year to come up with 365 songs.

I don't want to just go through my iPod and pick the songs I like to listen to personally. There are a lot of great songs that I don't necessarily want to listen to each day but I still regard as being pretty darned good. I love NWA's "Straight Outa Compton" but I'd rather not have it in my rotation.

The idea is to get as broad a range of music as possible. Don't expect to see a lot of today's Top 40 stuff because it's pretty much all shit. I'll do my best to get recent stuff on there but it's going to be hard to find stuff that doesn't irritate me.

I've got about 25 so far. 340 to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment