Friday, January 14, 2011

I'm a bloggin' fool.

I've been sharing a lot lately. I think it's because I went so long without posting anything. Now I'm back in the swing of things.

Today was a pretty kick ass Friday. Not too many days kick ass. I have good days but I'm rarely if ever compelled to even use "kick ass" when describing anything but an actual ass kicking.

I got my very own Amazon Kindle today. This is a big deal for me. I'm regarded as a techie because of the nature of my business but generally I'm slow to adopt technology. It usually takes me a year or two to jump on the bandwagon. I like to wait until something new has had a chance to get better then I buy it for half of what early adopters paid. Come to think of it I usually climb aboard by the third generation. My first iPod was the 3rd generation. My Nissan Altima and Pathfinder were both third generation. Now I have a gen 3 Kindle.

I've been using Jill's to read about two thirds of a book and had to get my own. I've since transferred said book to mine. I got a similar cover to Jill's so now I'm just as cool as she is.

After a solid day of work I had a beautiful turkey sandwich then hit up Village Pointe for some bargain hunting. It's a little known fact that almost my entire wardrobe is purchased from the sale racks. I used to be really good at it when I was skinnier. Out here in Fatville USA there was always a surplus in clothes that fit my skinny bod. Most everything could be had for 80% off. The only catch was that I had to buy warm weather clothing during late fall and cold weather clothing in the spring. Old Navy is hardly fancy but It's easy for me to dress like an adult without breaking the bank. Tonight I bought two button down shirts, a pair of corduroy pants, a sweater, and a blazer for $47 big ones. A pretty good haul. I could have left with plenty more but I don't like to spend more than $50 on an outing for clothes. I'll be stylin' and profilin' next time Jill and I go out. The clothes will likely stay in their current pristine condition.

That's it. See you later.

1 comment: