Thursday, July 3, 2014

One Month

I wrecked my elbow a month ago and while the recovery is ongoing I'm in decent shape.

I've abandoned the hinged brace because it was keeping my arm in a bad position which was what was making my wrist sore. I'm in physical therapy now and after my first appointment I'm feeling pretty good. She got things mostly where they should be and now I have to keep moving it a certain way to keep it that way.

The muscles are still very tight but I'm getting more motion every day. My hand still doesn't work right and I'll be very upset if I need another surgery to correct it. Some days I can almost straighten my fingers but it's still really weak.

I've resumed most of my Henry activities and have begun wearing my wedding ring again. I still have trouble getting him into positions after picking him up since my arm still has a way to go until I can bend it but just being able to do most of what I used to be able to do feels good.

No comments:

Post a Comment