Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Spiral Fracture of Humerus - Week 3

This is the beginning of my last week in the hard cast before switching to the Sarmiento brace. I'm not entirely sure what that will mean for me on the recovery front. It would be great if my arm will be strong enough to where I can remove the brae for showers but knowing my luck it will have to stay on for another week before I can do anything. I'm really hoping that my x-rays look good and that I'll closer to the six week end of the recovery spectrum rather than the twelve week. I think I've done a very good job of taking care of myself. My last injury was fairly healed at four weeks and I was able to begin therapy pretty quick. I'm keeping my fingers crossed but not getting my hopes up.

TREATMENT
Nothing new treatment wise. I've got one more week in this cast before I'll have anything new to report.

SENSATIONS
The arm pain is pretty much gone. The elbow joint is still pretty clicky but it doesn't hurt when it moves. I don't feel the humerus moving anymore. I'm sure it might still move a little here and there but I don't feel it. Every night there's a sizable itch in the same spot. It's possible that it's due to the nerves waking up but it's also pretty gross in there. I have rather hairy arms so I'm sure it's not very pleasant.

CHALLENGES
Sleeping and showering are still a chore. I should probably shower more but it's a pain so I avoid it. I've found that Wet Ones do a pretty good job with my armpit. I can get in there and give it a good cleaning before deodorant. I can also get stick deodorant in there without any discomfort. I go on frequent walks with the wife and kid when it's not too hot. It still makes my arm itch but I'd rather get in a walk than sit around. I'll be very happy when I can bend over again.

PAIN MANAGEMENT
Nuttin'

No comments:

Post a Comment