Thursday, December 29, 2011

30 Day Challenge - Day 13

Day 13 – Your views on drugs and alcohol.

I'm a vocal opponent to illegal drug use be it the hard stuff or the weed. I do believe that pot should be legalized, rendered easy to obtain, impose legal limits, then taxed like tobacco products. That will kill the illegal market, bring the price down, and make it easier for losers to obtain their weed. Put it in the same boat as alcohol. You can't drive, work, or operate heavy machinery while under the influence.

This doesn't mean that I want to smoke it myself. I think it's adolescent and serves no purpose when used for recreation.

Regular drugs are okay too. I take over the counter stuff for acid reflux as well as ibuprofen, Tylenol, and allergy medicine.

As for the hooch, I enjoy wine, beer, and liquor but I've moved beyond the "Look at me! I'm old enough to drink!" phase. I also don't understand the point of being drunk.

No comments:

Post a Comment