Friday, March 27, 2009

Finished my damned song

I finished my song but I'm not happy about it. Perhaps it's good that I don't attempt to make a living off music. It's hard to be a perfectionist when you're not good enough to be a perfectionist.

On Randy's recommendation I quickly mixed what I had which was a complete song crappy as it was. I haven't decided if I'm going to post it or not. I probably will because it's not like I haven't posted shitty Graham songs before. I'll make sure it goes up with Randy's well recorded song.

We've started a new tune and I will get this one done within the time allotted. One month is all I've got to get over myself. It's good practice though so I can start working on my own songs. Yes, I have some. Those that know me know I have a hard time listening to myself which makes it tough to record myself. As soon as I hear my voice I want to hurl. Thankfully I have a loving wife that is too wonderful to tell me how much I suck.

30 days from now I'll have another failed cover to put up against my brother's well done cover. He's got the gift. I'm still saving up to buy some talent.

No comments:

Post a Comment