Wednesday, April 1, 2009

I Can't Get No Satisfaction

I've had plenty of time to sit on my backing tracks so I went down to the dungeon to tinker with some vocals and lead guitar neither of which I do well. I got a nice lead part and even put some stank on it. I've just got to get the timing down. I'm not used to playing to a click which is odd because I don't have a problem keeping time. I'm almost always on time which is why I'm such a natural percussionist. It's important to be punctual.

I think I'm being a little too self conscious since my wife is usually sitting in our family room which is right above my office in the basement. I don't want to disturb her so I hold back. She's going to run some errands tomorrow so I'm probably going to use my lunch break to belt out some vocals. She'll just have to deal with it while I do more guitar stuff.

I'm still not sold on a solution to my bass problem. I don't have one which is my primary problem and I can't find a middle of the road solution to either programming or using my guitar. I tried to replace it with a ridiculous organ part on my Jesusland attempt.

I need to stop doing this to myself and record.

No comments:

Post a Comment