Thursday, August 12, 2010

I'm a gonna do it...

...some day.

My diminished social circle knows that I've been known to do a song every now and then. I typically compete with my brother to see who can do it better. I won the last round by the way. I'd probably do it for fun if I had the facilities.

For those that heard my rendition of "One" I'll tell you how I did it. Where some people have a studio full of mics, mixing boards and instruments I have a computer, bargain software, and a USB Mic/Headset that I think was built for gaming.

My fancy software gives me access to a plethora of instruments.

Those instruments blow but the effects are pretty good and make everything sound decent after a little tweaking.

That's really all that keeps me from working on stuff. If I'm in the groove I can ignore my own voice and enjoy programming instruments though I've been told I need to learn how to mix. I'm not asking for a mega studio with sound booths and Jon Brion making me sound good. I wouldn't even know what to do with all that stuff.

A couple of mics, some good headphones, a keyboard, and a decent audio interface for my computer would do the trick. I might even pay for the software I've been cracking every month. Drums, a bass and amp would be nice as well but I can manage without them. We actually have a piano that just needs to be moved. I'd have a much easier time with my compositions if I could just play the chords on a piano rather than doing them in my head.

If anybody wants to give me $500 to build my mini-studio I'll write several songs for/about them.

No comments:

Post a Comment