Thursday, March 31, 2011

Are you just going to leave it like that?

My wife is pretty awesome. Those who really know me know that I'm not an easy person to live with. Take a step into my mind. Wipe your feet. Hold it. Maybe you better take those shoes off. Your feet look a little sweaty. Put your shoes back on.

I don't think I'm obsessive compulsive. I'm very high functioning and can handle life's numerous inconsistencies without freaking out. It takes every ounce of willpower to not freakout. As long as I can remember (long time) I've always liked things to be a certain way. When I was quite young I would arrange my toys in a pleasing manner. If I was playing with my toy cars I'd arrange them like a parking lot so I could systematically play with them. Everything got equal play time which I originally thought was to respect the feelings of my toys. Today I think it was a subconscious desire for order.

I feel dirty most of the time but I don't have a desire to be clean so I don't scrub myself smooth. This is one of those mother things. My mom always told me I was filthy which is ironic because I was a surprisingly clean for a five year old. If I spot a dog hair on my clothing I have to remove them all. Here's where this gets really strange. Once something gets all out of whack it tends to stay that way. If I pick up one thing I need to pick up everything and I begin this manic quest to get everything picked up.

I have a problem with glasses placed near the edge of a table. Most people that know me are aware of this and try to get my attention to moving their glasses as close to the edge as possible to see if I'll say/do anything. I usually move them. From time to time I'll do this to a stranger's glass at a restaurant if I can get away with it. I'm afraid they'll spill. It's a thing.

I don't like things like crooked pictures and uneven blinds to the point of where I can't eat if I can see them. I usually position myself in a way to where I can't see them. This can be challenging.

There are little things as well. I get a little annoyed when Jill takes one Sudafed from the thingy and leaves an uneven number. I try not to let stuff like that bother me.

Last but not least I get bored when I try to write long blogs.

No comments:

Post a Comment