Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Photo Challenge - Day 30

Day 30. A photo of you when you were happy.

Photobucket

I could post any number of pictures of my wife and I since they're all happy but this one is special. Jill and I had just met for the first time. We had known each other and had been talking on the phone and online. I was finally able to book a flight to meet her and I was ecstatic. Shortly thereafter I was stricken with Mono and ended up in the hospital. Knowing Jill was waiting for me sped my recovery. I had lost over twenty pounds from spending two months in bed and eating very little. I could barely carry my bags. Still, I made it and it was the best trip I've ever been on. My departure was tearful but I think they were tears of joy because I hadn't been that happy in several years. I knew from that moment I was going to marry Jill.

No comments:

Post a Comment